Heyhey! Thanks for being here 🙂 I’m Danielle Provencher. I’m an artist, an author and a graphic designer. Having been raised in a very creative environment has led me to a lot of interesting places in life. My Mom and Dad run a successful professional photography studio based out of Northern Ontario and I have learned a lot from them entrepreneurially, as well as creatively. We’ve travelled all around the world since I was a small and wild curly-haired 5-year-old and I credit a lot of my knowledge and understanding of community and culture because of these experiences, as well as an extensive backpacking trip I dove headfirst into at age 19.
From a very young age, I can recall playing in the back of my parents photography studio and letting my imagination soar while watching my Mom and Dad create. I’m beyond grateful to have been given many opportunities in life to grow as a multi-passionate creative and to now see these gifts manifest in the ability to help so many people and bring important ideas to life through design is a total blessing.
Seeing my parents do really well for themselves has given me the confidence and clarity to chase and continue to build my own creative dreams and it is also the reason why I am passionate about bring other people’s big-hearted visions, personal and business dreams come to life by helping them elevate their dreams and projects to the level it deserves to be recognized at through branding, art & design. I strongly believe that when done well; intelligent and well-crafted design has the ability to communicate even the most complicated ideas through an emotionally-connected, understandable and also very meaningful way. This is one of the skills I am most proud of learning through the now renown Cambrian College Graphic Design program.
I remember meeting Andrew Knapp (a close family friend of ours) at fourteen-years-old and he left me with advice I’ll never forget: “It’s not about taking the program, it’s about what you do with it.“. This stuck with me for the rest of my life and I’ll always remember how important it is to go full-heart and above and beyond in everything I do. The amazing professors and support system I built at Cambrian is something I’ll never forget. Throughout that whole challenging experience, I stumbled a lot but ultimately discovered my voice and the skills & talents I developed led me to win the RGD Student Graduate award which was a true honour! I’ll always remember how meeting Andrew impacted the way I see things; I didn’t exactly know what he meant at the time but I realized throughout the years how powerful it is to take a creative skill and use that to create really meaningful, touching and inspiring projects through the lens of creative thinking and application.
I transfuse this full-hearted investment and passion I developed quite quickly through the design program in everything I do; passion projects, community projects, and the work I develop with each and everyone of my clients. I also really believe in the power of passion projects and using creativity, especially design thinking to create forward-thinking projects. In my third year of Cambrian I created a mock app that provides an accessible and user-friendly platform that allows creatives to find one another, connect and collaborate on community-based projects.
Art & design is so important to society. It connects cultures, bridges understanding across the spectrum of age, gender and identities and it can move hearts and minds to take action. Through my artwork, I aspire to motivate others to believe in the power of their dreams and ultimately embrace their truest self. Through my branding and design work, I aspire to create beautiful branding for small businesses (always through a thoughtful strategy) that helps to communicate a cause, mission or belief and help the big-hearted entrepreneurs reach the people they dream of working and connecting with. My love for branding has allowed me to work with over 9 clients throughout the past year building their vision through a unique brand identity. I also love illustration and using these skills to create meaningful and inspiring original illustrations which you can find in my online shop. If you are interested in a custom interior or exterior mural to elevate your business’ branding presence to a whole new level; I strongly encourage you to consider hiring me for a unique custom mural as this is something I also love to do!
I love teaching, educating and ultimately inspiring others to pursue their own passion projects, to chase their creative dreams and just make it happen by starting. My passion and whole-heartedness belief in the power of art & design is exactly why I love teaching creatives to help build confidence, to believe in their ideas & skills, as well as helping them to market themselves in a unique way. If you’re interested in learning from me, I provide one-on-one mentorship sessions and also offer workshops in creative thinking and confidence.
Resonate with who I am and what I believe in? Send me a message, check out my Instagram or YouTube channel to connect more with me or reach out to start chatting with me and see how we can work together and help bring your vision to life in an impactful way!
Reach out to me at email@example.com or send me a message through my contact form!
A little bit more about me
- Provisional Registered Graphic Designer
- Self-published author of Messy Minds
- Cambrian College’s RGD Student Graduate Award Recipient (June 2020)
- Up Here Festival Power Up Project Artist (August 2021)
- Up Here Mural Assistant & Volunteer Photographer (2015 – 2016)
- Favourite Hobby: I absolutely adore travelling! I’ve been to Central America many times, as well as Europe and my favourite place in the world is Southern Vietnam
- Personality Type: I am a ENFJ, a true Virgo at heart and I am also far more extraverted than introverted –– although I do love my creative solo time!
- Favourite Snack: I am obsessed with olives. When I was 8 years old, Santa gifted me a Costco-sized jar of them and I was overjoyed but also utterly confused
- Current Passion Project: I love kids and am currently working on publishing a kids book I wrote at 12 years old! (Shoutout to Mr. J, my grade 7 teacher for inspiring a true love of writing in me and coining in my imaginative ideas as an “out of the box” thinker)
- Favourite Childhood Memory: I loved magic tricks and shows as a kid. One memory that stands out was watching the Blue Man Group in Las Vegas with my parents. It was a lot of fun, and my Dad went on stage which I found incredibly hilarious. As well, witnessing and participating in many creative photography conferences led by my Dad around Canada.
- Favourite Travel Memory: Kayaking through the great wonder of the world: Halong Bay in Northern Vietnam. Also, staying up until sunrise in Saigon after meeting many interesting people and seeing the families and friendly faces of the city play and participate in yoga in their Central Park at 6am!
- My biggest love is writing. When I was little, I adored writing more than anything else and would often create quotes, short stories or simply journal obsessively. It’s actually my favourite way of expressing myself to this day! I also was obsessed with stickers as a little kid, so it’s so neat to see how everything has come together.
- Accomplishment I’m Most Proud Of: I had quite the mental health journey in my college years, and I used that experience to help bridge the gap between other people’s struggles while giving a platform to many people who haven’t had a voice. I co-authored, designed and ultimately self-published a community art book called Messy Minds which had received over 500 submissions from around Ontario and created impact on others! (Another reason why I believe in and am so passionate about the power of creative side projects with meaning – there’s so much we can do with creative skills and thoughtful strategies to influence positive change).
- Favourite Colour: Yellow – okay, and pink! 😉
- Random Fun Fact: I used to be a bit of a daredevil and would bungee jump at Wonderland whenever I had the chance. I also loved my free-diving experience in Costa Rica. I’d also love to learn to surf a LOT better than I already do!
- Favourite Movie: Anything sci/fi, fantasy or with dystopian themes. I also love The Matrix, Her & Dune. Anything that has a really well-written or thought out story and lately I’ve been really appreciating artistically unique cinematography like seen in the acclaimed movie “Minari” 🙂
- Biggest Dream: Help teach creatives to have more confidence around the world and to publish many books.
- Most Exciting Bucket List Item: Scuba diving in Coco Islands with my Dad.